Soy Marinated Pork Chops
1 cup chicken broth
2 roasted red peppers, quartered
5 apricots (about 1/2 pound), halved and pits removed or 5 dried apricots
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1-1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and anise powder.
- Place pork chops in a large plastic resealable bag. Pour marinade over chops; close bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, shaking occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a 2-quart saucepan place chicken broth, roasted red peppers, apricots, garlic, and lemon zest.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a blender or food processor purée until smooth and thickened. Adjust consistency by adding more chicken stock to thin or using heat to reduce and thicken, as needed. Add soy sauce, to taste. Keep warm.
- Remove chops from bag; discard marinade.
- Place chops in centre of cooking grate.
Grill 12 to 16 minutes for medium or 17 to 20 minutes for well-done turning once halfway through grilling time.